How Upriver helped increase the CTR% and Conversion Rate% for a beauty brand through Image Optimization
- A large manufacturer of skincare brands launched his own private label to compete with the likes of Mamaearth, Wow Skin Science etc.
- High impressions but low clicks leading to muted conversions
- Primary Image: The first image only shows one item, which doesn‘t give the viewer an understanding of the amount of products sold (in this case it is mostly offered in combo packs of 2 to 6).
- Missing information: The pictures show very limited product information (no ingredients, etc) and the products have a relatively small number of images
- Bundle Image and Packaging: Communicate the bundle amount, therefore reducing the customer’s uncertainty and using the most relevant generic keywords to emphasize the product’s benefits and functions. Also, introduce the first image along with product packaging to entice the customers
- Back Label Image: Allow customers to have an experience that mimics shopping in store, and make information on ingredients, shelf life, manufacturer and product application easily accessible
- Additional Available Images: Use available mood and instruction images to make the product more interesting for the customer
- The brand experienced a 10% jump in impressions, 100% jump in CTR% and 30% jump in conversions.